Skip to main content

Hello!
I have recently started working with Freshdesk and building a portal but cannot get it to suggest Swedish articles. Below is a video explaining the problem:

https://www.loom.com/share/a6a4b5ce835b4202b8abbed59a06ac71

Hello!

Welcome to the Freshdesk community! I understand that you're having trouble getting your Freshdesk portal to suggest Swedish articles. Here are a few steps you can follow to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check Language Settings:

• Ensure that Swedish is added as a supported language in your Freshdesk account. You can do this by navigating to Admin > Helpdesk Settings > Portals > [Your Portal] > Languages.
    • Verify that Swedish is selected as an active language for your knowledge base.
  2. Translate Articles:

• Make sure that you have translated your articles into Swedish. If the articles are only available in English, Freshdesk won't suggest them for Swedish searches.
    • You can add translations by going to Solutions > [Your Category] > [Your Article] > Translations and then adding the Swedish version of the article.
  3. Content Relevance:

• Ensure that the Swedish articles contain relevant keywords that users might search for. Sometimes, the lack of suggestions is due to a mismatch in search terms and article content.
  4. SEO Settings:

• Check the SEO settings of your Swedish articles to ensure they are properly optimized for search.
    • Include relevant keywords in the titles, descriptions, and content of your articles.
  5. Search Settings:

• Go to Admin > Helpdesk Settings > Search Settings and ensure that the search functionality is configured to support multiple languages, including Swedish.
  6. Test Search Functionality:

• Perform a few test searches in your portal to see if Swedish articles are being suggested. Try different keywords to check the search behavior.
  7. Customizing Search Results:

• If you have customized your Freshdesk portal using custom code or themes, ensure that these customizations are not affecting the search functionality.
  8. Clear Cache and Cookies:

• Sometimes, issues can be resolved by clearing your browser's cache and cookies or trying the search in a different browser.
  9. Reach Out to Support:

• If you've followed all the steps above and still face issues, it might be helpful to contact Freshdesk support. They can provide more specific guidance and investigate if there's an underlying issue.

You can refer to the Freshdesk documentation for more detailed instructions on each step: Freshdesk Documentation.

I hope this helps! If it works, you can say me thanks on Faisal Movers Kot Addu.