Question

Inform department about reported issue

• 5 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello.

Is there any way for the requester to inform his department about the reported issue?
I have about 20 departments set up and each department has between 3 and 20 employees. It often happens that the problem concerns the entire department and users report the same problem several times because they do not know that someone has already reported it. When the department received such information it would know that the problem also occurs in others users.

I added a checkbox on the report issue fields and then tried to build a workflow that would send an email to the all users in his department after checking the checkbox.But unfortunately I don't see a options in workflow like "send an email to the department" or something similar.
I can only set send email to Department Head or Reporting Manager. Or enter each user manually which is not efficient because after each change of users in the department, I must remember to edit the workflow. Which will not be pleasant with about 150 employees.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @Kamil_Wen, my suggestion would be to have your agents create an “Announcement”. You can add in all the details you need, schedule the time the announcement would appear in freshservice (both support portal and agent portal) and indicate who should be notified/view the announcement. This includes identifying a “Department”! You can also send the announcement via email.

Hope this helps!

Badge

@zachary.king  It probably won't work in my company. There are only two of us in the IT department. We often move away from the position to solve current problems. And, for example, when there is a department failure, we come back and we have a dozen or so of the same tickets from different users.

So I guess there's no way around it.

Maybe this will be the next update for freshservice? :)