Question

Translate Ticket and Onboarding - Multilangue Ticket and Onboarding

• 28 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

How can I translate the standard and custom fileds for tickets and Onboarding / Offboarding?

They are only in English. I want to translate them into several languages.

I downloaded the translation file as in this topic: Introducing Multilingual Ticket Forms | Freshworks Community but I can only translate the category which I created in the submission fields and a few more options. Even if I manually add fileds names with translation to the YML file the translation does not work.

How to do this? Because it's a bit annoying that users see some name in English and some in their local language.

I covered the names of my categories in red.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

I guess this is something at backend, which have not been created a proper translation yet, or have been hard-coded, hence, using YAML file won’t work.

With some CSS and portal customization should be done, but I’d recommend to submit this to support in order they can properly help, to all, your instance in first place and then make it world-available.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi @JanUfo,

@eeha0120 is right, Currently this is applicable to the fields available for tickets and other modules, But this doesn’t include Employee Onboarding.

You can probably use Customization using Javascript to enforce this, I do not have the exact code to make it work. You can probably check using the function on which is the current language of the Browser for the user using this:

Get the ID for the Label you’re targetting and change the text to anything you want:

jQuery("#hr-form > li:nth-child(3) > div.control-label > label").text("How about something else");

You can use this function to get the user’s browser language: I18n.currentLocale()

You can then use if conditions and change the text accordingly. Apologies for not being of much help!

Hope this helps!

Happy Holidays!😊