Solved

Confirm email address value in ticket field.

• 14 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We have had several instances where the customer misspelled their email address, and consequently did not receive any response from us when we responded to the ticket. We get an “undelivered” notice when this happens. We do not want our customers to think we’re not replying to their questions. Is it possible to implement a second, "confirmation" field for the email value, to help mitigate this issue?

icon

Best answer by Alene 14 March 2024, 21:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Not sure how your users are registering, but they should precisely receive an Account Activation email with a link for that.

If they don’t receive it (after checking Spam, etc.), it means exactly that; they may have used an invalid account.

They may attempt to re-register.

You/your agents/depending on Access Rights, may edit the contacts’ email addresses, and then resend the Verification Email for them, in order your clients would indicar validate their account.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Badge +2

Thank you for your reply. We don’t ask our users to register--we help U.S. voters, and many users would not submit their questions if we required them to create an account.  We rely on them to enter their email address correctly on the ticket form, and often they don’t do that. If it’s an obvious typo (ie gnail.com instead of gmail.com) we can edit that and send a reply. But often the typo isn’t obvious. 

Many contact forms require you to confirm your email address by entering it a second time. I’m not sure why Freshdesk couldn’t offer that option as a ticket field.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Alene.

Thank you very much clarifying your use case.

I guess Freshworks is thinking on my initial response: To validate it through Email.

Being that the case, I think you could create a custom field in Field Manager in order to request the email confirmation.

Sadly, currently, Business rules can’t be used in this case.

But in a workflow, you could use the Expression Builder in order to comparte both fields. If they don’t match, you may either write a private note to your agents, or may be even send an email to both email accounts.

Regards,

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

You may also consider submitting your suggestion here (in case it does not already exist):

Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community

Badge +2

Thanks, Elvis! I really appreciate your suggestions!