Question

Customer Portal - Hide Internal Tickets

• 16 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello, 

We are interested in utilizing the customer portal feature, but are looking for a way to hide our internal notes. We essentially created a contact (for example contact name would follow this scheme ‘Internal Notes - TiresRUs 00300’ ‘Internal Notes - TiresTireTire 00400’ etc.) for every dealer within our system. We then link this contact to the company in the name. This contact is used when we don’t have the person who called in as a contact or when we have a meeting with a large group from that company or even when we want to make internal notes about their account. The issue we are running into is that if we give the user access to see all tickets on their portal (all tickets for anyone with the company) then they could then see our internal notes tickets as the generic contact is tied to the company. See the dilemma? We are using private notes, so while the customer could not see detail, they could still see a ticket out there and it could lead to unnecessary questions. 

Has anyone come up with a good practice or know of a way around this? I am open to a process or coding answer, but any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 replies

Badge

@alexandertran any advice on the above? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

This might work for your use case too:

Hiding "private" tickets from requester portal | Freshworks Community

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Badge

@eeha0120 thank you! Glad to see we are not the only group needing this. I do believe that helped, I am just struggling with how to code the portal to hide the custom field when flagged. Any advice on that? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @MaggieMHagan - I’ve routed the question to @Aswin Ayapparaj who is our CX SME who can  get back to you. Alex will be able to assist with more of the IT/ESM queries. 

Hello @MaggieMHagan - While I understand the need to have ‘internal notes’ as part of the contact name, here is a best practice that I recommend: 

• Create a custom field for contacts under admin ‘Internal Notes’ or use an existing field like ‘About’. Uncheck the option ‘Display to customer’. This will prevent the field from being displayed to the customer.

• Bulk export all your contacts to a CSV with all relevant columns and ensure that you update the ‘Internal notes’ column and remove the notes from the contact name.
  • Reimport the contacts by uploading the updated CSV to see the changes in the contact profile.
  • Under admin → customer fields, click on ‘customize requester widget’ and include the ‘Internal notes’ field so the notes are visible for your agents when they open a ticket.

Hope this helps.