Solved

Azure Orch - Remove Multiple Groups?

• 23 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello,

I have successfully checked the user ID and group IDs with Get User Details in the Azure Orch, but for Remove User from Group, Freshservice will not accept multiple group IDs separated by commas. It will only accept one at a time. For an offboard, how am I able to remove them from all their groups after disabling them?

I must be missing something, as there would otherwise be no way to have individual steps for every group, or if there were, that would be needlessly complicated.

icon

Best answer by Gerald 23 January 2024, 00:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

DOH. The answer, for anyone asking this question, is to use Remove User from Groups instead of group. If I had a picture of Homer Simpson, I would put it here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I as well went down this route but ran into the issue of going back to manually review the groups the user is in. Many of my groups refer to access to an external saas application. Typically that requires going into the saas application to do something or letting the business owner know so they can log in and take care of it.

When I remove the user from all groups automatically with a workflow, I lost the ability to know what products or applications the user had access to.  

So I can’t do all groups but there are certainly ones I could remove automatically.  It just became much easier for me to do this manually vs trying to automate loops.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Yeah and unfortunately, Azure won’t let you remove hybrid groups that originate in AD, so back to the drawing board.

Hi, we would like to remove users from the security and distribution groups from MS AD on-prem during offboarding process. The issue is we have 500+ groups in AD. Adding all groups names in the app node, is very complicated. How we define that in App node in Freshservice or make it dynamic in such a way that workflow automatically fetch the group details user is part of and then remove it from the relevant groups?