Email Outage

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Has anyone noticed there’s a problem with O365 Custom Email, it’s been ongoing since last Friday?

http://updates.freshservice.com/incident/362330

Seriously, FreshService, don’t you think this would warrant some kind of notification to your customers?

I shouldn’t have had to spend an hour investigating error messages. 

Please don’t tell me to open a ticket with support, I already have an hour ago and haven’t gotten a response yet (#14235298)

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @JTAVOLARO 

I subscribed directly to the status page so we got an email about this but honestly an outage of this size should be sending notifications out to all customers.

I am also a bit confused by the messaging on the status page - they’re saying major outage with O365 since Fri 23 Jun 23 but on the main page it’s all green.

The text is showing an issue with Email but apparently Incoming and Outgoing are “resolved”?

I saw something about the forward being an issue i.e. emails sent to your FS acct won’t create tix -- but I just tested that it’s working for my instance at least.

Bryn at CYDEF.ca

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hey @BrynCYDEF !

that’s my point exactly… something of this scale should be broadcast aggressively.  We can get popup notifications about Webinars being offered, so why aren’t we seeing this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

I’m not sure, but I guess it is because it is a Microsoft issue and not a Freshworks issue.

Microsoft notified systems were affected.

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I think Microsoft would have notified the subscriber (Freshworks) of the problem, they wouldn’t notify Freshworks’ customers.  Regardless, FreshWorks should have said something