Question

For 'Service Request', is there a way to allow formatting to users for multi-line textarea?

• 26 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello, 

Below is the ‘formatting’ toolbox I am referring to. This appears only for a multi-line textarea in ‘New Tickets/Issue’. 

So if I were to go to any item under Service Request, that formatting toolbox won’t appear for multi-line textarea. 

Is there a way to allow this feature by any chance? I wanted to check with the community before i start testing in Rebranding page as i worry about possibly breaking things. 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

This has been a gripe of mine since we went live with FreshService. There are several areas of the application that utilize different controls where consistency would be expected. This particular one that you point out would also allow users to easily add screenshots to their requests. Another area that doesn’t make sense is the difference between an agent adding an attachment to a service request and an requestor. The agent is able to drag/drop their attachment and the requestor must use the ‘attached’ file manager to find the file to attach. This is particularly annoying when the file you want to attach is in an email attachment because now you have to save it and then find where you saved it vs drag/drop.

So to end my rant 😉 Decide on some of the standard interface controls and attempt to coordinate them across dev teams