Question

Service Catalog Item with MultiSelect Field

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have been tasked with creating a service catalog item for GitHub, of which, our organizations have multiple GitHub organizations. So I created an item with a MultiSelect but upon my testing, it seems there’s not a way to get the Workflow to action off of each option selected. It will only action the first condition that is true. 

I reached out to Support to get some help with this:

Support Agent: All these conditions will run one after the other vertically, when one fail, the next condition is checked
Me: Hmm that's not what I'm seeing in my testing.
Me: Wait, it has to FAIL to go onto the next condition?
Support Agent: Yes! If one condition passes, the workflow will not test the other conditions below
Me: Interesting. How do I force it to move onto the next condition?
Support Agent: I am afraid we cannot force them. Only if the condition fails, the workflow will check the subsequent condition, we cannot jump conditions
Support Agent: ​​​​​​Please let me know if you have further queries or concerns
Me: I do! Please tell me how I can trigger the workflow to move on to the next condition?
Support Agent: As I already mentioned, we will not be able to make the workflow move on to the next condition. The workflow will check all the conditions one by one. Only when one condition fails, the next condition will be checked
Support Agent: This is an expected behaviour and cannot be modified at the moment
Me: So... there's no solution to this?
Support Agent: I am afraid we currenlty do not have a workaround
Support Agent: I am sorry, Kevin

I tried to stack the IF conditions and actions on a single horizontal row, but that too resulted in only 1 of the conditions, and the first condition, to action (we just add the Okta user to a group).

The only thing I can think of is to create a separate service catalog for EACH GitHub Organization but this seems like an awful experience for the requester. Surely there’s a better way??

2 replies

Badge

There is an idea/feature request open which would solve for this: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for sharing and also linking the idea here @kevin.beattie ! Our product teams are reviewing this!