Question

How should I setting for create a new ticket if users send a new message after the old ticket has been closed?

• 24 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Currently, new messages from the same user are being updated in the same old ticket, even though the ticket has been closed for almost a month. This makes it difficult for me and my team to manage the tickets.

I would like to receive a new ticket when a user sends a new message after the old ticket has been closed for more than 1 day.

I've tried to follow the steps outlined in this topic (https://community.freshworks.com/ticketing-agent-productivity-11362/new-ticket-creation-on-old-closed-ticket-31232), however, it hasn't worked for me.

It would be great if someone could suggest how to adjust the settings. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

The given approach should work.

We would need to get to the root of this:

Is the user really sending a new email? Or is he/she replying on a previous one?

If the case is the latter, then the system is working as designed, so, using the workflow should work.

If it is not working, I’d suggest to submit a support case.

Regards,

Badge

Hi.

Is the user really sending a new email? Or is he/she replying on a previous one?

If the case is the latter, then the system is working as designed, so, using the workflow should work.

Regards,

I support user on Meta (Facebook inbox), so users will always send message on the same chat.
I'm sorry but i'm wondering which ‘workflow’ you're mention about? (I didn't get the thing easily, sorry about my question).  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Regards,

I support user on Meta (Facebook inbox), so users will always send message on the same chat.
I'm sorry but i'm wondering which ‘workflow’ you're mention about? (I didn't get the thing easily, sorry about my question).  

Oh. I understand. Thank you very much for clarifying. Interesting use case.

Apologies for the confusion. I meant: Automations (Workflow is the analogous name in FreshService).

The article you referenced mentioned creating an Automation. That one should work pretty out of the box.

Regards,