Feature Request: I want to export tasks with the ticket export

• 30 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I’d like to export task names, status, completed date, and any other associated metadata as well, using the Ticket Export function in FreshService. 

Expected behavior: Tickets → Export → Check a box for “Tasks” to include on the report. 
Current behavior: Tickets → Export → There’s no visible feature to include Tasks on the report. 

For a use case, I’d think of compliance. You normally need to send auditors reports. With Fresh currently, I’d have to submit screenshots of the ticket if I wanted to leverage the tasks feature for compliance. 

Support told me this was already an internal feature request and was advised to create an account and submit a post here. Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

That sounds like a pretty good feature request.

P.S.: In your support ticket, they should be able to link it to a tracker to the existing feature request.

Going back to the suggestion, I’d advise to actually post it as a feature request, which is in the Ideas section of the Community Forum: Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community

You could then share here the link to the idea you create there in order to gain audience and get votes on it. The more votes it gets, the more probably they will consider, analyze and, hopefully, develop and deliver it.

Going back to your Use Case, you can actually create a Report, a custom widget for tasks, and in the Underlaying data, set the columns you may need and then export that data:

Hope this helps while the enhancement is considered and delivered.

Sincerely,