Skip to main content
Question

Filter our Resolved/Closed Urgent and High Priority tickets from showing in dashboard widget count

• 28 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

New user here.  I am setting up our dashboard and I’d like to be able to display Urgent and High Priority ticket numbers, but when I set this widget up, it showed me a count of 5.  I knew we didn’t have any open tickets that were urgent or high priority, but realised it was showing all of them, which included the 5 closed ones.

I can’t seem to find a way to filter the widget to only show those tickets that are not closed or resolved.

Any help is much appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @BarryS 

I’d create a widget like this

and add these filters

Hope that helps

Rob 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @BarryS,

Greetings from Freshworks community. If you would like to display a widget for High and Urgent tickets, you can setup a custom view by setting up filters from the list view which filters tickets for urgent and High priority and use custom view to build custom Dashboard. To create custom dashboard please use https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/234532-how-do-i-create-a-custom-ticket-view-

When you create a new Dashboard , you can click on Ticket Volume > rename the widget title with the required name and use the created ticket view to display the urgent and high priority tickets which populates from the created view.

Regards,
Yusuf Ahmed

​​​

To display only open Urgent and High Priority tickets, you need to apply a filter to exclude closed or resolved tickets. Check your dashboard settings for a filter option and set it to show tickets where the status is not "closed" or "resolved." This should correct the count to only include active tickets.

Badge

Thank you for your responses.  I didn’t realise that the filters on those could be saved and then that would reflect on the widgets.  Rookie mistake!

To filter out resolved or closed urgent and high-priority tickets from showing in your dashboard widget count, you'll typically need to modify the query or criteria that populates the widget. Here's a general approach depending on your platform or system:

### 1. **Identify the Widget Source**
   - Determine where the widget is pulling the data from (e.g., database query, API call, or a built-in filter in the dashboard tool).

### 2. **Modify the Query or Filter**
   - **For SQL-Based Dashboards:**
     If the widget is based on an SQL query, you would modify the `WHERE` clause to exclude tickets that are resolved or closed:
     ```sql
     SELECT COUNT(*)
     FROM tickets
     WHERE status NOT IN ('Resolved', 'Closed')
     AND priority IN ('Urgent', 'High');
     ```

- **For API-Based Widgets:**
     Adjust the API parameters to exclude resolved or closed tickets. For example:
     ```json
     {
       "status": ["Open", "In Progress"],
       "priority": ["Urgent", "High"]
     }
     ```

- **For Platform-Specific Widgets (e.g., Jira, Zendesk):**
     Use the platform's filtering or JQL (Jira Query Language) capabilities. For Jira, the query might look like:
     ```
     priority in (Urgent, High) AND status not in (Resolved, Closed)
     ```

### 3. **Update the Widget Configuration**
   - If your dashboard allows custom filters, apply the updated query or filter criteria directly within the widget settings.

### 4. **Test the Changes**
   - After making these adjustments, ensure that the widget displays the correct count, excluding any resolved or closed urgent and high-priority tickets.

If you need specific guidance on a particular platform, let me know!