Question

Freshworks API : POST to API from CURL

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have been testing out the sample API calls for the freshworks API for Integration that we need to do.

I have tried to post to our API using Custom Objects I have already set up and received the message 

"message":"POST method is not allowed. It should be one of these method(s): GET, HEAD"}

We have the API Key and I can do a Get of the Custom Object Records but POST does not seem to be allowed

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @emos123 

Greetings from Freshdesk Community. :)

Can you please let us know which custom objects API in specific have you used? It would be great if you can share the complete API request made along with the response you received to help you accordingly. You can also share your Freshdesk account URL for better reference.

Cheers,

Badge

Hi Ramya, 

I received a solution. The issue with the post was that one of the field of the custom object was a lookup. This meant the value needed to be the localised freshworks record id for the workspace which it was linked to. 

It would be useful to have that in the sample API curl statements although looking at it a second time , it should be kind of obvious.

Regards

Stephen

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Glad to know the issue with custom object APIs is resolved, @emos123. :)

Sure, we’ll pass this feedback to our teams to update the documentation as required. 

Cheers,