Skip to main content
  • Using: /api/v2/search/tickets?query=[query]:

The official FreshDesk docs provide this limitation: "The number of objects returned per page is 30; also, the total count of the results will be returned along with the result" and "To scroll through the pages, add page parameter to the URL. The page number starts with 1 and should not exceed 10." This implies that I can only account for a maximum of 300 objects (tickets). What if I have more than 300 objects to account for in a specified interval, say within an hour?

The ‘created_at’ parameter is strictly a date datatype (YYYY-MM-DD), so I cannot partition the data according to hours, which would otherwise have been a solution that circumvents the pagination limitation. 

• Using: /api/v2/tickets?:

Another significant limitation is the ‘updated_since’ parameter. It only applies to tickets that have been updated at least once during their lifespan. Tickets that are not updated will not appear in the API response, further restricting the data that can be accessed.

In conclusion, the limitations of the FreshDesk API are a source of frustration. It's time for Freshworks, the provider of these services, to address these issues. These limitations, intentionally designed into the API, are difficult to understand and hinder our ability to serve our customers effectively.

FIX THIS MADNESS!

Regards,

KEN

Greetings @KingKEN. Thanks for contacting Freshworks community. 

We regret to know that our Freshdesk API may not be easily processed for API calls. I will definitely relay this feedback to our team and ensure that it is raised as a request for improvement. However, please feel free to contact support@freshdesk.com if you require assistance with APIs or constructing an API call, as our team will be glad to help.

Thank you.
Sujitha Dhanaseelan.
Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service.