Question

Is there an API that I can use to grab specific information around ticket activities such as closed by?

• 17 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am trying to gather specific information on our Freshdesk tickets via API. It seems there is no way to actually get the activities (such as closed via a scenario automation rule) of a ticket via API unless you create a report and export it (Example: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/226460-export-ticket-activities-from-your-helpdesk). This will not work for my needs. However, I feel like certain fields could be useful for our reporting needs, such as Closed By or Resolved/Closed Reason (per agent, automation, per customer, etc…). Unless I’m missing something in the API documentation, I’m not seeing any fields similar to these as part of the ticket API. I know I can get Resolved At and Closed At by using “/api/v2/tickets?include=stats”, but that only includes dates and not who closed the ticket and potentially why it was closed. Is this possible with the current API?

4 replies

Badge

Use API endpoints to make requests for the specific information Crictime Live you need. This could involve specifying filters, date ranges, or other parameters to narrow down the data you're interested in. I hope you will be understand it. 

My query is mainly if there is a way to get information for ticket activities. I am using API endpoints with filters, date ranges, or other parameters to gather data, but I am trying to get even more data that doesn’t seem to be available in the API documentation (https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/). I was hoping that I may have missed something and would love to be able to see at least “closed by” as a field available via API. Is this even possible? 

I'm facing an issue while trying to access custom ticket fields through the Freshdesk API. The ability to work with custom ticket fields like carsforyourhelp is crucial for our reporting and automation needs, so any guidance or insights on how to retrieve data from these fields via the API would be greatly appreciated. Have any of you encountered a similar challenge or found a workaround for this issue? 

To access specific information about ticket activities, such as who closed a ticket, you would typically need to use an API provided by the platform or system you are using to manage those tickets. The availability and functionality of such APIs can vary depending on the platform you are using. Here are some common platforms and their respective ways to access ticket activity information:

1. Zendesk: Zendesk provides a REST API that allows you to interact with tickets, including fetching ticket events like comments and status changes. You can retrieve information about who closed a ticket by querying the ticket events.

2. Jira Service Management (formerly Jira Service Desk): Jira provides a REST API that allows you to interact with issues, including service management tickets. You can use this API to fetch information about the issue, such as the user who transitioned or closed it.

3. Freshdesk: Freshdesk offers a REST API that enables you to access ticket details and activities, including information about who closed a ticket.

4. ServiceNow: ServiceNow provides a comprehensive set of APIs, including the Table API and REST API, which you can use to retrieve information about incidents, changes, or any other ticket-like records. This includes details about the user who closed a ticket.

5. Salesforce Service Cloud: You can use Salesforce's REST API to access information about cases and their activities, such as who closed a case.

6. GitHub: If you're managing support requests or tickets as issues in GitHub, you can use the GitHub API to retrieve details about issue events, including who closed an issue.

7. Custom Ticketing Systems: If you are using a custom ticketing system, you would need to check if it provides an API for accessing ticket activity information. This would vary based on the specific system you're using.

In most cases, you would need to authenticate with the API, make appropriate requests, and then parse the responses to extract the information you need. Be sure to consult the documentation specific to the platform you're using for details on how to use their API to access ticket activities.

Keep in mind that the exact API endpoints and methods may change over time, so it's essential to refer to the official API documentation provided by the platform or system you are working with to ensure you have the most up-to-date information.

We at Agarwal Taxcon Private Limited provide consulting, advisory, and advisory services in the areas of taxation, registration, accounting, investments, financial management, and consultancy to a wide range of corporate and business clients in Delhi and the NCR. Agarwaltaxcon provide best services in financial sector.