FIRESIDE CHAT

WATCH NOW -> Fireside chat on Modernizing ITSM with Freshservice & Device42

• 12 September 2023
  • 11 replies
WATCH NOW -> Fireside chat on Modernizing ITSM with Freshservice & Device42
Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Community Fam!

Exciting news ahead! We're proud to collaborate with Freshworks Partner - Device42 for a fireside chat hosted by our ITSM Expert Kenneth Gonzalez. This session will be an enriching discussion on modern IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.

WfKsRRUbeWCUV8T-rgCKqMXwndgKQTNUWHq7d9i59_GKFPmqDozYbR8Toe2ZJdcVc_oZySQH4pxxlvDFZxfj72roFIM0HMPc_65qxp6PhgrpxIDSx78woe6A9bkrpbHir-9jEhOzu_09Q3J0gy73EHs

Meet our Host and Guest :)

Ken Gonzalez
Head of Analyst Relations
Freshworks

Ken, often known by his nickname “kengon,” is a seasoned technology professional and internationally recognized expert in IT Service Management. Having spent just over 6 years at Gartner, he has worked as an Analyst and Advisor, helping business executives, technology leaders and their direct reports develop innovative resolutions to their most pressing issues/concerns. He brings a wide range of interests and life experiences to his work, taking a multidisciplinary, people-centric, value-based, results-focused approach.

Ken Wooten
Head of Analyst Relations
Freshworks

Ken has over 20 years experience working in ITOps, ITSM and ITAM as a consultant and product
manager.  Recently he spent 7 years on the Product Management team at Cherwell Software
and is currently the Senior Director of Product Management for Device42, a leading discovery and
dependency mapping software company.

We've got some key topics lined up, including:

• Simplifying IT complexity for smooth service delivery
  • Embracing AI and clever automation for more efficient IT management
  • How to create serious business value with an integrated ITSM platform
  • Making IT agents and end-users happier than ever

WATCH THE FIRESIDE CHAT HERE 👇🏼

Best 

Kamakshi

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello Everyone!!!

53h8wyJiKeTl39aWH8q_SsKHFTtN_sTdfa23q2EFWYiB9MZceJan5RmIozInAs6l5zhCMcHQ3hlAdS1ecnfkJ8lEiPuNPPgTn-G92CfdZPfA4s6UhzB3Ivww6_1XSDt9-Qudm9iWf913WI_pIWC9qBI

@i.cameron @rubi.odell @BrynCYDEF @Denise.S.P @mmccoy @jluna @liamsawyer @Suki @shannon.mejia @PatrickMurphy @eeha0120 @Stague71 @jpeters @Joshua.Lawrence @zackzack @jsynotte @Klindhardt @LucasHansson @Russell Ho-Aitken @MichaelaZ @raymondcanilao @SLuethi @leighw @benp @jens.hartmann @kirstyende @FabriceV @apassey @ammon.nelson @EZTech @fabian.arlt  @Heath @zachscott @Maxime Moreau @Daniel Söderlund @JTAVOLARO @edward.kim @jbergman @malokt @maghed @BobbyBMore @EricRoeland @dezarno @sccit @Gerald @maarten @Maarten Vlasblom @abigayle.paulson @Djrcoding @theophilo.camargo @Rsomers @monika.hipp @Corporate Ladder @afautley @VitaMike @BSJFW @Chris Sherlock @ncambanis @adriaperez @Pascal Rosin @phodgkinson @Joost van den Reek @keefe.andrews @patricksawyer @rubi.odell @mark.uther @sophie @pproost @nbeysen @jbermudez @keith @Sham @Bex @zachary.king @stacyv

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Will this include how to run reports for upper and middle level management on things like KPIs? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Will you talk about IT asset management in the context of asset relationships, cloud asset management, inheritance of asset characteristics/fields top down?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @monika.hipp  and @Chris Sherlock 

We appreciate you sharing your questions. We will ensure they get addressed during the session. If they aren't, our subject matter expert (SME) will be here to provide you with answers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you @Kamakshi V however unfortunately I’ve been asking for multipage reports for over a year now and Fresh is completely unable to provide this. It seems unlikely that any Fireside chat will change this state of affairs. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @Chris Sherlock 

We are actively taking steps to enhance the Ideas section within our Community platform. Please consider sharing your request there. Alternatively, if you need a quick solution or workaround, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team. They should be able to assist you promptly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hello @Chris Sherlock 

We are actively taking steps to enhance the Ideas section within our Community platform. Please consider sharing your request there. Alternatively, if you need a quick solution or workaround, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team. They should be able to assist you promptly.

I raised this well over a year ago, so I’m not sure how you define “actively taking steps”. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey @ChrisSherlock,

We do understand that the experience with our Ideas section has been poor. However, we have initiated a collaborative effort with our product teams aimed at thoroughly refining and revitalizing the entire Ideas section. We're actively working on these plans, and they are gradually progressing on our end. All we request and would greatly appreciate is your patience. The process is time-intensive, which is why we are systematically implementing these improvements in phases. Please bear with us as we make these substantial enhancements.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

It’s not so much as a problem with your ideas website as it is that Fresh are the only ITSM tool in the marketplace that cannot run reports for management. As I’ve consistently said, Fresh is a very good tool, but if I cannot get reports I can send to management, I can’t implement it fully. 

Badge

Will this include how to run reports for upper and middle level management on things like KPIs? 

I will definitely make note of this and look to address it in the session. The “how to” part of your question is likely too detailed for the session, as we wouldn’t necessarily have the time to go through everything required to or an available instance (populated with relevant data) to demonstrate it. We’ll do what we can! 😉

Regards,

kengon

Badge

Will you talk about IT asset management in the context of asset relationships, cloud asset management, inheritance of asset characteristics/fields top down?

I’ve made a note of your question and we’ll see how much of this we can address. If folks are interested in deeper dive sessions, that would be something to share with our community leadership team about so they can determine the level of demand and arrange for the right persons to be engaged in creating/delivering it.

Regards,

kengon