Automation Rule: Assing Ticket Containing X to Company Y

• 1 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi Guys, i need some help.

I have two companies and i want to assign tickets to each one.

i need to make this automation rule :

Assing Ticket Containing X to Company A

or 

Assing Ticket Containing Z to Company B

Its possible to achiev that? 

5 replies

Badge +7

I'm not sure I understand the question.

In standard Freshdesk a company is linked to one or more contacts. It is the company to which that contact belongs. The contact is determined when creating a ticket, so any link with the company is made at the same time.   So:

• Are you trying to have contacts linked to more than one company
  • Are you using Company in a different sense. If so, is it a field in the ticket. If that is the case it is easy to set up an automation rule. 
If you define what a company is in your question, and where this is registered I might be able to help.

Hi Victor,

I agree with Mark - your question isn't 100% clear. Do you mean "groups" instead of "companies"?

If yes than you can go to "Automations > Ticket Creation > New Rule" and do something like:

If you did mean company, like if you get an email from an unknown requester and don't know which company they work with then unfortunately I don't think there is any way to automatically associate it to a company based on the content.

Good luck, hope it helps!

Hey guys let me try to explain

In freshdesk we have a company tab, i want to assign tickets there not in groups

I have two companies, probrain and communicar i want to assign tickets to each one based on description of tickets, this is possible ? 

Badge +7

A company is a group of contacts. So a ticket is not assigned to either a contact or a company. A ticket is assigned to a contact, and a contact belongs to a company. One contact cannot belong to two companies. 

Hello Victor,

As Mark and Anthony mentioned, a ticket can be assigned to only groups and the corresponding agents. Contacts are linked to companies and agents are mapped to groups.

Please drop in an email to support@freshdesk.com with the complete use case so that we can assist you accordingly.

Cheers!