Skip to main content
Solved

AD Orchestration - what am i doing wrong...

• 10 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have successfully installed and am using Azure AD Orchestration, that works as expected.

Having quite a number of hybrid companies as well however, i need also the AD Orchestration to automate on local DC's accordingly.

we installed the orchestration server, configured according to the documents both, on FreshService side as well as on the server side (orchestration server, domain controller), but for unknown reasons (let’s be honest, the errors are mostly not really telling you where to look or what to fix) i simply cannot get this to work.

Initially it took us endless (by the way: FreshService ticket open, but not getting any help there to be honest, they seem not to know much about troubleshooting this app either) to even get any connection response, but now we're stuck at: 

App Actions Response

Output
meta.status_code

meta.status

completed_with_errors

meta.system_message

Failed to decode:Unexpected character ('<' (code 60)): expected a valid value (number, String, array, object, 'true', 'false' or 'null') at lSource: java.io.StringReader@79feda6c; line: 1, column: 2]

meta.success

false

it seems somehow a html response arrives instead of json, at least if i can believe google.

why? not the slightest idea, what to check or look for? again not the slightest idea and i haven't managed to find any hint for it either.

So my question would be: anybody having any idea why i get this error and even more: an idea where to look for or what to adjust in order to get this solved?

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

This has been solved with help of support desk, just in case someone else may run into this, the following was suggested and worked:

----------quote----------

Could you please make the following changes and then restart the Orch Server:

Change in the following file to avoid this issue:

C:\Program Files\Freshworks\Orchestration Server\Resources\RUBY\Ruby27-x64\lib\ruby\2.7.0\webrick\httprequest.rb 
MAX_URI_LENGTH = desired_value # :nodoc:

Example: 

MAX_URI_LENGTH = 20830 # :nodoc:

----------------end quote--------