Question

Add 2 weeks to a Separation date

• 10 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

On our offboarding tickets (we aren’t using the offboarding module currently), we have the due date to equal the separation date in our WFA.  The issue is then when the tasks kick off they are basically late.  I wanted to be able to say due date is separation date plus 2 weeks.  

I thought about creating a hidden field and then using the scheduled WFA to update this hidden field with the separation date plus 2 weeks date based on an expression, but I am getting an error.  T

This is the start of the workflow:

and this is the expression for the “plus 2 weeks” part:

Where am I off?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @shannon.mejia .

Hope you’re doing great.

Working with dates requires you to use ISO format.

And, in the testing area, dates need also to be single quoted.

Please find below some screenshots for further reference:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Elvis, that was very helpful!  

It seems my first expression is the issue.  I basically have this as the “Get Separation Date”, but i dont really have an expression.  Any help here?  I need to get this date from the service item form so i can then do the next expression to add the 14 days to it.  This is my expression to get the seperation date to then add the 14 days to it

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It seems my first expression is the issue.  I basically have this as the “Get Separation Date”, but i dont really have an expression.  Any help here?  I need to get this date from the service item form so i can then do the next expression to add the 14 days to it.  This is my expression to get the seperation date to then add the 14 days to it

Hi, 

Could you post the expression as text as well, easier to to read it :) Use the Add code box ( you can find it under the 3 dots above the text box in the forum) 

When you test you may need to use ISO format as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi. I’m glad I could help.

If I understood correctly your goal, you don’t actually need to split and convert that ISO to work with it.

You may operate with the ISO field and then use only the date.

Check this out:

And if we add the dateValue formula, you’ll get only the date:

But, if going to the root, you can actually not work with ISO format and work only with date.

When choosing your field, I’m guessing your choosing the dropdown arrow and using ISO:

But it is not mandatory to do it that way; you may simply get the field in standard value:

The no-ISO field would provide only date:

So, your result would be in date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,