Question

API integration with FreshService Changes "Planning" section

• 12 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m trying to create an API integration to create a Change via API. The issue I’m having is that FreshService does not correctly recognize the “Planning” fields in it’s API. The biggest issue is that if a field is not filled out it does not get treated as if it was initialized, simply showing up as if it didn’t exist. See two screenshots below to see what I mean.

FreshService Change Section
Curl API request for the change

As you can see the API does not return the fields as empty or null, instead it makes it look like they don’t exist at all. Because of this I cannot fill out those fields during creation or update them from empty value to another one. To add salt to the wound it seems that using webhooks for this works just fine.

So my question is if anybody had similar issue and was able to resolve it? I’ve tried using both Curl Commands and sending a JSON Payload via powershell using invoke-RestMethod but neither seem to work.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Oh, this seems to be quite a limitation on FreshService API.

I’d suggest to submit a Feature Request in the Ideas Portal: Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community

You might try also touching base with the developers community in Freshworks Developer Community

Regards,