Question

Cleaning Up String Formats, Specifically Working with Newline from JSON Parser

• 7 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Using Freshworks workflow, I am able to utilize the Web Request module using API calls to get me some JSON results.

Using the Parser module, I can grab a specific attribute. However, the data in this attribute is something like the following:

"### Title or Subject\n\n#### \n\nSection 1\n\nInformation about section 1 XXXXXXX \n\n#### Second 2\n\nInformation about section 2 XXXXXXXXXX”

How can I format this data nicely to add as a private note to a ticket, so that it looks something like this:

"### Title or Subject\n\n#### Section 1

Information about section 1 XXXXXXX

#### Second 2

Information about section 2 XXXXXXXXXX”

I believe I can use liquid filters to make this change, but looking at the documentation , I’m not sure how to approach it. I see newline_to_br is an option, but when attempting to use that, it didn’t format things correctly. I also tried splitting the text by ‘\n’, then iterating over it, but the text remains the same, just without the ‘\n’.

Any direction would be appreciated!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello @johnnguyentran, perhaps you could use the expression node and take the results from the json parser to format the value. @Daniel Söderlund is a guru with the expression node and json parser. I am sure he would have a some really good insight.