Skip to main content
Question

Orchestration Server Offline - Troubleshooting Help

• 7 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve been putting together automations and workflows in my company’s Freshservice instance for some time. Yesterday, everything was working. Today, the automated orchestrations have been failing. Getting the error that the Orchestration server is offline, and sure enough, when loading into the Orchestration Servers page, it is showing offline.

Our sysadmins say they did not make any changes. Security says no changes have been made in the firewalls.

I have repaired the installation, made sure the secret key matches in FreshService and the osr.conf file, uninstalled and reinstalled the orchestration software, reset the secret key, more reboots than I can count, and even rolled back to a previous snapshot from when it was known to work. Still shows as offline in FreshService.

So it seems something has changed outside of this machine. Are there any ports or external IP addresses I should check to make sure it isn’t getting blocked? Any other things I could look at that maybe I’ve missed? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

1 reply

Badge +2

Still dealing with this unfortunately. Still looking for ideas if anyone has any.

Here are some updates:

-Installing the orchestration on other systems yields the same results, still offline 👎

-Tried installing the orchestration software on a machine outside of our office network (non-enterprise environment), and it is still showing offline 👎

-Out parent company had an instance that is running without issue, shows online 👍

-When Fresh support tries our secret key on their machines, it shows online 👍

-The Firewall shows no dropped or blocked communication going either way 👍

-Wireshark shows active communication between our server and Fresh 👍

-Tried spinning up a new orchestrator connection in FreshService and used the newly generated key, but it is still offline 👎

It’s driving me crazy. Fresh has developers looking into our environment, but they are leaning towards it being something on our end, so I am continuing to do what I can till we get this back online.