Solved

Problem creating ticket using Microsoft Power Automate/Flow connector

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I have a flow within Microsoft Power Automate that when an email arrives to a group to create a ticket in Freshservice using the Freshservice connector (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/freshservice/)

When the flow errors when on the Freshservice “Create a ticket (V2)” step. Looking at the error, it seems that Freshservice is expecting an integar in the group_id and department_id fields. These are both required fields for our Freshservice tickets. However it doesn’t seem that Group and Department are fields I can populate using “Create a ticket (V2)”

When I “peek at the code” in the flow, it seems easy enough to add “body/group_id” and “body/department_id” but I can’t edit the code of this step.

Anyone have any idea of how to use this function of this connector when group and department are required fields?

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 25 July 2023, 13:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @cburke_pcsi , 

Microsoft is the owner of this connector and requires changes to be made in Freshservice Payload for it to be functional. As you may be aware, API v2 mandates required fields in the payload. Upon the necessary adjustments, the connector should be in operation with no complications. 

Is it possible to leverage custom connectors in the short-term, as Microsoft provides this capability?Please find the link here

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hello,

I have a flow within Microsoft Power Automate that when an email arrives to a group to create a ticket in Freshservice using the Freshservice connector (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/freshservice/)

When the flow errors when on the Freshservice “Create a ticket (V2)” step. Looking at the error, it seems that Freshservice is expecting an integar in the group_id and department_id fields. These are both required fields for our Freshservice tickets. However it doesn’t seem that Group and Department are fields I can populate using “Create a ticket (V2)”

When I “peek at the code” in the flow, it seems easy enough to add “body/group_id” and “body/department_id” but I can’t edit the code of this step.

Anyone have any idea of how to use this function of this connector when group and department are required fields?

A workaround is to remove that this fields are mandatory in the Field Manager. 
Then use Business Rules to set them as mandatory for all agents. That way you can get around that API call don’t need to set this fields.