Skip to main content
Question

Start Workflow by demand

• 11 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I am new to Freshservice and trying out workflow automator. Right now I am testing Onboarding Request. Here for example I would like to have a “manual” workflow that is being started by IT staff.

Here is an example…

User account creation in AD/M365 should not be triggered automatically but after IT staff checked spelling and other data. Is there a way to create a workflow that will start on a click? As this is a 100% IT task, there is no additional approval needed for account creation by IT.

1 reply

Hi there,

I suggest setting up a condition in a workflow that triggers when the status is changed or a note is written. This would allow the workflow to recognize the fulfilled condition and move to the next steps, or simply send an approval to the IT team. This approval also acts as a confirmation of the data's correctness within the request. If approvals are sent to multiple IT team members, you can choose the option that allows the first responder to push the workflow forward.

These are the steps I would personally take, but others might have different opinions on this.

Hope this helps! :)