Solved

Task Automation - Unable to assign Tasks to the Agent assigned to the parent Ticket

• 29 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Current state of issue: I have setup a Ticket Template for when we retire a device. We then setup 3 tasks that are created when the ticket is raised. We have 3-4 employees that share the work so we do not want to assign them to a specific person, however it is pointed to the Group, IT. Under the Task option for “Assign to” I have the option for “Event Performing Agent”. However, this immediately assigns the child tasks to the requestor rather than leaving as None until an action is performed on the ticket.

Goal: I want these tasks to be assigned to the agent who self-assigns the parent ticket to themselves. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by joonasv 4 April 2024, 11:26

View original

5 replies

Badge

However, this immediately assigns the child tasks to the requestor rather than leaving as None until an action is performed on the ticket.

Yes this is the result. Any advice on this?

Badge +1

Hi,

Just to get a better understanding, do you mean that the event “Agent is updated” is not usable?

And using the actions “Assign to Group” (this would be the IT group) and “Assign to Agent” to Event performing agent:

Best regards,

Badge

I think this would solve the issue as a subsequent event. I had to break this into two Workflow automators. One that creates 3 tasks upon noticing a ticket in the title of X, this workflow was created under Tickets. 

Then I created a second workflow under Tasks, that registers upon the task creation to assign out the tasks based on if the assigned agent (on the ticket) is X then assign Tasks to X. It works but is not scalable if we need to replace an employee name (minimal manual process is okay but not optimal).

If I replace the latter half of the Task Workflow if a second event regarding agent is updated to and from Any, it may correctly register as the event performing agent. I will check back after testing this. However, in my experience with using the Event Performing Agent variable along with multiple events in one Workflow, has not been consistent. which event it registers to. Any advice there?

Task automation streamlines processes, but issues arise when tasks can't be assigned to the agent handling the parent ticket. Addressing this bottleneck ensures seamless workflow and efficient resolution.

It seems like you've devised a two-step workflow solution to address a specific issue. The first workflow, under "Tickets," creates three tasks when a ticket with a particular title (X) is detected. Then, in the second workflow under "Tasks," tasks are assigned based on the assigned agent on the ticket.

However, you're concerned about scalability, especially when replacing employee names. You're considering replacing the latter part of the Task Workflow with a second event that captures changes in the assigned agent, making it more adaptable.

You've noted that using the Event Performing Agent variable along with multiple events in one workflow hasn't been consistent in your experience. It's crucial to ensure that the correct event is registered. It might be beneficial to test the proposed solution thoroughly before implementation to verify its effectiveness and reliability. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0779/2073/1459/files/Butt-Lifting-Full-Size-High-Waist-Shaping-Shorts-USA.jpg?v=1714042348