Skip to main content
Question

Assistance in automation rule on ticket status

• 19 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

Greetings! I hope you are doing well!

I need assistance with a customer support issue I'm trying to optimize for efficiency. I aim to achieve the following:

1. Auto Assign Limitation: When an agent enables auto assign, they should not have more than 3 tickets assigned to them simultaneously.
  2. Assignable Statuses: Agents should only be assigned tickets if the ticket is in one of the following statuses: Open, Customer Responded, or Updated.
  3. Unassignment on Other Statuses: If a ticket moves to any status other than Open, Customer Responded, or Updated (such as Pending, Awaiting on Customer, Awaiting on Team), the agent should be automatically unassigned from that ticket.
  4. Additionally, I intend for tickets in the statuses Resolved and Closed to remain assigned to the agent, to ensure they are associated with customer satisfaction surveys.

Please suggest the best approach to achieve this solution or recommend any best practices you have for automatically managing ticket assignments.

2 replies

Badge

It would be great if anyone could share your thoughts or solution around this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @krishna_salunke,

Greetings!

I see you've got some questions about the automatic ticket assignment. Answering your concerns,
1. You can go with Load Balanced assignment which allows you to set the load for individual agents. Article for help: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/221919-setting-up-load-balanced-ticket-assignment

2. While assigning the tickets, Load balance picks up the number of open tickets on the agent queue. Here,  SLA timer on status will be considered as open tickets. By default, “Open” will be considered as SLA timer on status. To add others, you can navigate to Admin > Ticket fields > Status.

1. You can set up an automation rule to update the agent to Null.
    Admin > Automation > Ticket Updates > 

Sample rule: You can create a rule for each group.

1. The tickets will be remain with the same agent unless you set an automation to re-assign to agents.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Sneha.

​​​​​​​