Question

Automation to check in with requesters that haven't responded to a reply

• 29 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello community,

Does anyone have an automation set up that checks in with requesters once you have sent them a reply?

As an example, We receive a request that someone needs help troubleshooting their voicemail. We respond that we would be happy to help, what’s a good time to stop by and take a look? The requester does not respond for several days.

I would like an automation set up that automatically sends an email at 2 days and then at 7 days to verify if the issue is resolved or if they still need help - and then sets the ticket as “resolved” after the 7th day. (Our tickets get set back to “open” when a requester responds).

Has anyone set this up in their system/workflow that would be willing to share the automation mapping required?

Thank you,

-J

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi,

I can’t help with the full automation without knowing your complete setup but it will essentially be 2 automations.

1. Send an email after 2 days.

Time Triggers: If hours since agent reponded is greater than 48. Send email to requester.

1. Send and email and resolve after 7 days and resolve.

Time Triggers: If hours since agent responded is greater than 168. Send email to requester, set status as resolved. 

Badge +1

Yes Agents are trained to send a reply and set the status to Pending when they cant proceed without further information from the customer.

We Send 2 reminders and then Resolve the ticket. if a response is received at any time during that process the ticket is changed to open. 

To achieve this we use supervisor rules triggered off the time the ticket has been set to pending status. The second reminder is still trigger off hours since pending so if the first one is sent 48 hours after and you want a second reminder after a further two days then the second supervisor rules triggers after 96 hours 

A final one triggers after another few days but the action is “change status to Resolved” 

There is also a workflow that changes the status from Pending to Open if the customer replies - This stops the Supervisors reminders above from triggering any further. 

Sorry if I have misunderstood what you are asking.