Skip to main content
Question

Automation & Webhook Trigger

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I want some things that I can't quite get done. Preferably just with Automations. But I understand that I need Webhook? But I don't understand why and how that works. What do I want:

1. If subject starts with X then automatically adjust subject.
2. If subject contains X in subject, then reply with email with attachment Y in the reply.
3. If email has been sent to X, reply with email address Y.

Is this possible with automations, and without Webhook? And if not, how exactly should I use Webhook? Can that be done without a developer?

I don't use external tools now. We are a small company. And we would like to set up Freshdesk properly.

4 replies

Badge

Somebody ??

Badge

Unfortunately I don't get an answer. Not here. And not at a start-up meeting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @DutchTrainTalent - I’m so sorry that you haven’t received a response yet. I’ve passed on your query to our team. @sukanya.arunachalam @hemanth.ramya can you please help here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Greetings @DutchTrainTalent. I apologize for the delay. I see that you would like to update the subject of the ticket and the email address for sending out replies.

1. As you have mentioned, the initial use case for updating the subject can be achieved through an automation webhook. This can be done without developer assistance; our support team can help you. Here is a brief overview of the steps involved.

>Please set up an automation rule in the admin section for ticket creation, with a condition based on the subject. 

>Now we can trigger a webhook to update the ticket reply or properties.

You can find more about the API’s used in webhook to update the ticket in the below shared API document.
    https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#update_ticket

2. If email X is linked to group A, you can utilize the "customize from email address" application from our marketplace to change the reply address.
    Link for the app: https://www.freshworks.com/apps/customize_from_email_address/

We understand that you want it properly configured. To make your work easier and hassle-free, I would be delighted to create a support ticket, understand your use case, and assist you accordingly. Please check your direct messages to create a support ticket and proceed.

Thank you.
Sujitha Dhanaseelan.
Learn something new today, get recognized for your contributions, stay on top of product updates and build meaningful connections in our Freshdesk community. Fresh ideas, quality service