Solved

Freshdesk - automation

• 16 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi,

this is my scenario
All ticket will be open by email or portal or chat(from my site) i want send email to the customer.

I try to use automation but i’ve some problem with email notify

If  email notify / customer notify / new ticket create is not check(not allow) the mail requester doesn’t receive email notify (i try only by email)

If mail notify / customer notify / new ticket create is heck(allow), also phone ticket send email

where am i wrong?

icon

Best answer by Keer 16 June 2021, 16:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MBraga, I understand that you are trying to use automations to send out emails to your customers when and it’s not working as expected. Can you specificy the conditions on which the mail should be sent to the requester and share a screenshot of the automation rule you’d configured so that we can help you further here?

Thanks! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Most of my clients call by phone to report a problem. These are shops that do not use the email channel as the problem requires a particular urgency to resolve, I do not want to send ticket opening / closing emails (many of which do not have an official email)
For all requests received via email or chat (via website) or opened directly from the fresh desk online portal, I want to be able to send opening emails and (subsequently) ticket closing emails.

Notify

Automation

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Got it, @MBraga. Thanks for the clarification. The rule indeed looks right. We shall create a ticket on your behalf and reach out to you via mail to check this further. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MBraga, thanks for confirming over mail that the issue has been resolved. We’re glad we could help :)

The emails were not being sent because of the HTML content added in the description of the mail. In such cases, we’d suggest you to copy the content to a notepad, delete the action in the automation, add it back, paste the content without formating and save the rule again.   

If you face any such issues in the future, kindly write to support@freshdesk.com and we’d love to help as always. Have a good day!