Skip to main content

Hello! I’m struggling to create an automation for setting the due date of an onboarding request to two days before the “Start date” determined inside of the onboarding ticket. This is my current workflow:

the date being passed is through the onboarding form date field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Note: The correct response is shown when using the test box in the expression builder, but the tickets are using our default 2 week due date)

Hello! I’m struggling to create an automation for setting the due date of an onboarding request to two days before the “Start date” determined inside of the onboarding ticket. This is my current workflow:

the date being passed is through the onboarding form date field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Note: The correct response is shown when using the test box in the expression builder, but the tickets are using our default 2 week due date)

Can you check the activity of the ticket, if the WFA changed but it’s changed back for some reason. 

From the screenshot it appears you have the date placeholder enclosed in single quotes within the addDays function. I don’t think you need them (or the placeholder adds them for you) so try removing them from the expression. I have similar expressions working without the single quotes.

I’m also having trouble with this, but it’s because the Set Due Date action doesn’t allow me to select either from my onboarding ticket or from an expression. I feel like I must be missing something…