Question

Out of office widget blocking Freshdesk menus

• 11 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi there!

We are a big fan of the “Out of Office” functionality within Freshdesk. We mainly use it in two scenario's:

• When a agent is really a day of or on holiday
  • When agents are working in Freshdesk, but not on 1st of 2nd line calls

In both cases, our 1st line calls (incidents, user-questions) open without an agent when the customer replies.

In this second case, it can be very annoying that the widget is hovering above some important stuff in Freshdesk. Attached you can see that the widget is blocking the time registration menu of a ticket. I also attached an image where you can see that it blocks the Fresdesk Support Chat. 

Would it be possible to have this widget differently implemented, not blocking any important menu's? 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

That could be considered an UX bug.

I’d suggest to submit it as a support case for faster and proper addressing.

Regards,

Badge +2

Hi Elvis,

Thank you for your reply. I contacted Freshdesk support and they mentioned that it is not possible to change or remove the OOO banner. They have added the feature request on their end to either move or minimize the banner.

I understand your concern about the Freshdesk "Out of Office" functionality and the widget blocking important menus in certain scenarios. While I don't have direct control over Freshdesk's development, I can offer some suggestions on how you might address this issue:

1. Contact Freshdesk Support: Reach out to Freshdesk's support team and explain the issue. They can help or consider your suggestion.

2. Adjust Widget Settings: Check if Freshdesk has settings to change the widget's position or behavior.

3. Give Feedback: Share your concern with Freshdesk. They might make improvements based on user feedback.

4. Temporary Solution: If the widget is blocking important stuff, you can temporarily turn it off when not needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Elvis,

Thank you for your reply. I contacted Freshdesk support and they mentioned that it is not possible to change or remove the OOO banner. They have added the feature request on their end to either move or minimize the banner.

I’d insist with them to consider it a bug, as it is hiding parts of the UX, instead of considering it a feature request.

Regards,

Hello,

This could potentially be viewed as a user experience issue.

I recommend submitting it as a support case for quicker and more accurate resolution.