Response on Agent opened ticket

• 22 March 2021
  • 3 replies

If an agent opens a ticket on behalf of a customer it should already be marked as responded for SLA tracking purposes. Currently it sits awaiting agent response in accordance with the priority number.  In other words it is awaiting a response that already happened by virtue of the agent having opened the ticket and and placed the customer as the contact. The agent should NOT then have to follow up with an empty response just to meet the SLA.  This obviously would be different from tickets generated from automation and only apply to a self-assigned tickets manually opened by the agent.  If it were re-assigned to a different agent then the clock should start for a response. 

Keer 3 years ago

Hi @paliton, I hope you are doing well. 

To answer your query, when you create a ticket on behalf of the customer, though it’s understood that the ticket is created after the conversation with the customer, it’s still considered as a response from the customer. If needed, you can add an automation rule under Admin → Automations → Rules that run on ticket creation to set up a rule that would add a ‘public note’ to such tickets and change the status to an SLA-timer off status. 

Else, you can also use the New → Email option to send an outbound email. If you do so, by default, the ticket will be marked as Closed and assigned to the agent sending the email ensuring that SLA timers aren't running. You can find more details on the same here: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/211974-sending-an-outbound-email- 

I hope this helps. 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @paliton, I hope you are doing well. 

To answer your query, when you create a ticket on behalf of the customer, though it’s understood that the ticket is created after the conversation with the customer, it’s still considered as a response from the customer. If needed, you can add an automation rule under Admin → Automations → Rules that run on ticket creation to set up a rule that would add a ‘public note’ to such tickets and change the status to an SLA-timer off status. 

Else, you can also use the New → Email option to send an outbound email. If you do so, by default, the ticket will be marked as Closed and assigned to the agent sending the email ensuring that SLA timers aren't running. You can find more details on the same here: https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/211974-sending-an-outbound-email- 

I hope this helps. 

Badge +1

From what I am seeing there is no option to add a public note, only private in the automations. And I have the email to requester set up, but that doesn’t help the initial response time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @ptoridactyl,

Yes, it’s currently not possible to add a public note using the default actions but you can use the “Trigger webhook” action to add the note as seen below. You can replace “example” in the URL field with your Freshdesk domain and add the API key of a full-time Admin in the “API Key” field.

You can also refer to the API documentation for insight into the “Add note” API call being used.

https://developers.freshdesk.com/api/#add_note_to_a_ticket