Question

Activating Email with the Workflow when Creating an AD Account.

• 24 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have set up a workflow with the employee onboarding module. To achieve this, I have configured the Microsoft Active Directory Orchestrator App. Everything is running smoothly, and I am able to create AD accounts. However, the issue I'm facing is that when an AD account is created, it doesn't automatically generate an email account in Exchange. Do any of you possibly know a solution for this?"

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have set up a workflow with the employee onboarding module. To achieve this, I have configured the Microsoft Active Directory Orchestrator App. Everything is running smoothly, and I am able to create AD accounts. However, the issue I'm facing is that when an AD account is created, it doesn't automatically generate an email account in Exchange. Do any of you possibly know a solution for this?"

Hello, 

I think the best way is to use the Powershell module. 
To run a script that do the mail enabling. I used chatGPT to create the base script.
If you don’t have one today that is. What you need is to have it on the server you installed the orch server and path where the node can execute the script. Standard are “Documents” 

I use this to store password for importing the exchange module in the script. Note the encrypted file need to be created on the server and with the same user running the script. 
How to encrypt & secure passwords with PowerShell | PDQ

//Daniel 

Badge

I'm sorry, but it's not working for me, I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm sorry, but it's not working for me, I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. 

What step? do you have a working script on the server? 
Have you installed the powershell app on frehservice?