Skip to main content
Question

Creating Tasks via Workflow for Specific Tickets

• 24 June 2024
  • 1 reply

We’re in the process of setting up the onboarding with FreshService.  I’m trying to find out if there’s a way to accomplish what I’m hoping to achieve.

Right now, we have it set up so the onboarding creates a parent ticket which includes are requested service items.  However, I would like to create a task for each requested service item and have a workflow add tasks for each item on one of the child tickets.  Is there a way to route the workflow so it will only add the tasks on one of the children, rather than all of them?

For example, can I have it so that the workflow can add the tasks for each service item to a child ticket titled “Enterprise Applications” or something like that?  I can’t figure out way to have it read / filter through the subject of the child tickets and only add the tasks to that particular one.

I’ve included an example of what I created as a test.  However, as of right now, it adds a task to every single child and I only want it to be on one of them.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

1 reply

Badge +2

Initially, I would like to note that I haven't tested this, but it's an idea you might consider. Create an invisible checkbox field in the tickets. In your action field, instead of adding a task, change the value of the newly added custom field. Then, set up another workflow that triggers when a ticket is updated and the condition is that the field is checked (or the value changes to 1, etc.). For each child ticket, you can establish a separate condition to generate a specific task for it.