Question

Employee Onboarding Fields

• 4 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m trying to figure out how to update the fields that will be displayed to the HR people making new on boarding requests. Currently its just employee name. We are working on a automated pipeline that will check for a email address exists off firstname, if exists then check fname.lname then makes them and does the same with okta. But I can’t figure out how to get a fname and lname in the form. 

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  1. Log inot your freshservice instance
  2. Open the admin pannel
  3. Click on the Employee Onboarding module
  4. Click on Step 1 - Adding Stakeholders
  5. Click on HR
  6. Click Continue in the botom right

You should now be able to add the fields as you would in the service catalog editor. 

I recomend removing the orignal name field. I discovered that if you rename the field it only changes the display name of the field. Later when that iunformaiton is presented in tickets it will still show the original field name. In my example above that resulted in:
Employee First Name:
Employee Prefered Last Name: 
An odd mismatch. I deleted and recreate the field and it resolved the issue but it requiered a bunch of the later work to be redone. 

Please return and let me know if this resolved the issue. 

Badge

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hello @moose-boost,

If you find the provided solution effective for you, please hit Best Answer to help other members easily find it :)

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  1. Log inot your freshservice instance
  2. Open the admin pannel
  3. Click on the Employee Onboarding module
  4. Click on Step 1 - Adding Stakeholders
  5. Click on HR
  6. Click Continue in the botom right

You should now be able to add the fields as you would in the service catalog editor. 

I recomend removing the orignal name field. I discovered that if you rename the field it only changes the display name of the field. Later when that iunformaiton is presented in tickets it will still show the original field name. In my example above that resulted in:
Employee First Name:
Employee Prefered Last Name: 
An odd mismatch. I deleted and recreate the field and it resolved the issue but it requiered a bunch of the later work to be redone. 

Please return and let me know if this resolved the issue. 

I believe if you DELETE a field, it deletes the object itself. So all previous logged forms will no longer have that field in there...