Question

Populate office address for employee onboarding

• 22 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Does anybody know if it is possible to bring in the address details from the “Locations” page and use them in an employee onboarding workflow?

Locations

Ideally, I should be able to reference “Street”, “City”, “Zip/Postal Code”, etc. and populate the ‘Address’ tab in AD, but I don’t see the fields. There are just 2 options (“Location” and “Location ID”):

Workflow

If I go with “Location”, it literally prints the name of the location, e.g.: 

AD properties

I have seen “liquid filters” but don’t really know how to get started. Does anybody know how to achieve this?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You can use a webrequest in the in a workflow to get the DATA on the location https://api.freshservice.com/v2/#view_a_location

Badge

Hi @Daniel Söderlund, I am trying to connect to the API using Postman to test it out, but I am getting a permissions error:

{

"code": "access_denied",

"message": "You are not authorized to perform this action."

}

I’m using the API key from my “profile” in Freshservice. Can you help? Maybe my account doesn’t have access, but I am in the “IT Supervisor” and “Account Admin” roles.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Daniel Söderlund, I am trying to connect to the API using Postman to test it out, but I am getting a permissions error:

{

"code": "access_denied",

"message": "You are not authorized to perform this action."

}

I’m using the API key from my “profile” in Freshservice. Can you help? Maybe my account doesn’t have access, but I am in the “IT Supervisor” and “Account Admin” roles.

Do other API calls work ?

Badge

Hi @Daniel Söderlund, I get the same error when I attempt to call https://freshservice.com/api/v2/tickets as well.At this point, should I just log a ticket with support? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Have you setup the authentication correct ?

Need to be basic auth username are your Key and password can be anything 

Badge +1

Hi Christian,

We’re currently setting up onboarding and have had success using a Custom Object to list all Locations along side their addresses.

I create a table based on the lookup field ‘Locations’ like:

Then you can use Reader in a workflow to lookup the address based on ticket location and parse the address fields into the AD App ‘Create User’ node.

Hope this helps.