Question

Signing out Agents from Phone System when accidently left logged on.

• 11 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey all,

Something that is really puzzling me at the minute is, if there’s an ability to sign off agents in FreshCaller at the end of the day if they’ve left themselves logged in?

For reference we track agent signed on time and which codes they use as a way to forecast and ensure we are resourced enough so it’s important we log the correct hours so when someone leaves their selves in a particular status overnight it affects our reporting.

It seems like you’re able to if they still have an active tab but if they’ve made a dash for it which let’s face it most agents do when they’ve finished their shift and haven’t switched to offline it doesn’t seem possible in any way to sign them off from FreshCaller.

Any help with this would be really gratefully received.

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Aaron,

I'm running into a similar issue.

In the Agent is Available and actively logs out, the Live Dashboard 'presence' indicator updates after a few seconds to show they are Offline.

The same behaviour is seen if they make a dash for the door and close the browser.

If they leave themselves in a custom Agent status e.g "Lunch" and actively log out,  they will display as at "Lunch" until the next time they log in and change their status. The same behaviour is seen if they close the browser.

Per Freshcaller Support, this is expected behaviour. Any status other than Available is considered offline for calls.  Any custom status will persist until changed manually. They kindly request that your agents switch to offline and log out.

You can see this if you query the User Object via API:

GET /api/v1/users/{user_id}

An Available agent has "status": 1

An Offline agent has "status": 0

There is also a "preference" property which displays the custom status.

A user in our "Lunch" status has

"status"0,

"preference"3847425

I'm having no luck updating the preference using the update User call, despite it being documented as supported in the API docs:

PUT /api/v1/users/{user_id}

By my reading of it, I should be able to set the User’s preference to “Offline’ via the API

I'll log another support request and post the response here. Or hopefully someone from Freshworks will see this and respond!

Greg

Badge +1

UPDATE: I was sending in the incorrect Content-Type.

Here’s the API info, you can change the setting in the example curl request to test:

https://developers.freshcaller.com/api/#update_user_information

With this call I can set the “preference” to any of the available values and it will update the users ‘presence’ indication. This appears to action when the agent is logged in and/or disconnected.

Here’s my body in Postman:

This changes them from the custom status to “Offline”.

Bizarrely, you can force an agent “Available” using this method, even if the Agent doesn’t have an active login session open.

To find your instance values run https://developers.freshcaller.com/api/#retrieve_user_statuses

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hey, thanks so much for this, his sounds like there is a way to force an agent in to offline if they’re not available to do it themselves.

I will say it is a little past me in terms off technicality, is there any way you can write a simple guide for me to use so I can test?

I am little unsure how to use API calls and update it as you explained.

Please don’t worry if you don’t have the time to.

Thanks.