Question

Custom object usage for field manager

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

In service catalog we can use custom object as data source to set a dropdown field but not in field manager set for incident forms. I assume custom object should be available for both or more scenario since it is designed to cover the shortage of default framework of Freshservice. Could you explain why custom object is not applicapable for incident fields?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In service catalog we can use custom object as data source to set a dropdown field but not in field manager set for incident forms. I assume custom object should be available for both or more scenario since it is designed to cover the shortage of default framework of Freshservice. Could you explain why custom object is not applicapable for incident fields?

As far as I understand it’s coming but don't quote me on that. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

As far as I understand it’s coming but don't quote me on that. 

Well then it's still good to know that might be available in future since the demand should be raised except me. Thanks anyway.

I also would like to use a custom object on the change fields of the field manager.  My use case would be to set up a custom list of standard changes.