POLL: Which enhancement would you like to see first in Freshservice Major Incident Management?🤔

• 27 July 2023
  • 5 replies
POLL: Which enhancement would you like to see first in Freshservice Major Incident Management?🤔
Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey everyone!

Thanks for your keen interest in the Major Incident Management module 🙌

What we’ve shipped is just the Beta version. There are tons of enhancements lined up.

Our current roadmap is listed here

You’ll notice that several enhancements related to Post Incident Reporting and Status Page customizations are coming soon within one or two quarters. But knowing which enhancement you’d like to see first, would help our Product team immensely.  

So, browse through the list and make your choice. 

And in case we missed an enhancement request, let us know by commenting on this thread. 

Ciao!

Anusha :) 

Which enhancement do you want to see first?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Just watched the deep dive and looking at the road map, 

2. Will we have the ability to create email templates where selected placeholders/field values will be parsed to?

Answer: You can create canned responses in the admin section by inserting major incident fields as placeholders. These canned responses can be inserted and used as email templates when you send out major incident email communication.

I saw this and I understand the part of using caned responses. But a template would include the subject as well. I can see that you want to send out that in a certen pattern like normal incident has. 

The e-mail function, can you use requester groups ? 

Related Tickets works OK but we need the ability to bulks Associate Incidents to the Major Incident. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Man this was a hard decision. So many things that I would like to have available now lol. But I am glad to see the list includes most of what we are looking for. To save our agents and Incident Response Leads some time would be the ability to have a private or public note post as the status update on our status page at the same time. This way they don’t have to add a note to the Major Incident and then duplicate that process to update the status page.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Just watched the deep dive and looking at the road map, 

2. Will we have the ability to create email templates where selected placeholders/field values will be parsed to?

Answer: You can create canned responses in the admin section by inserting major incident fields as placeholders. These canned responses can be inserted and used as email templates when you send out major incident email communication.

I saw this and I understand the part of using caned responses. But a template would include the subject as well. I can see that you want to send out that in a certen pattern like normal incident has. 

The e-mail function, can you use requester groups ? 

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We are working on adding the ability to notify requester groups and also a permission for agents to send out email communication for major incidents. That said, I’d like to call out that in a couple of weeks, the ability to enter any email ID which is not tracked in Freshservice  and send out MI related communication is a capability that we are shipping and that’s something that could be of interest to you.

Cheers,
Nandhini

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Is there any update to the status to this Roadmap?

Major Incident Management: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) : Freshservice

It’s been stalled for almost a year.

Regards,