Question

Add a training (videos) section

• 4 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi! My company has a portal for Solutions (articles) and another for Support (tickets). I would like to have a place to present videos and other information for new customers to explain them how account configuration works and guide them. Should I create a new portal or a custom section in the theme (we have a custom theme with Breezy)? I’m not sure what is possible.    

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @Benjis,

Greetings from Freshworks community.

You can create a folder named “How to configure account“ and create a knowledge base inside that article and insert videos so that the new customers can view those. Please refer https://support.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/50000002051-using-advanced-formatting-options-in-the-knowledge-base

If required, you can also create a new section which points the customer to directly to the vedio article if required using portal customization.

I hope this helps! If you need any further assistance feel free to respond here :)

Badge

Thank you Yusuf for your answer! I know I can embed a video inside an article, but I would like to display videos directly in a solution category on top of the article list. Is it possible or I have to make a custom theme/page for that? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Benjis Thank you for your response. Currently, we don't have a direct option for displaying videos in a solution category. However, our portal supports customization, and you can create a custom theme/page to achieve this by placing the video atop the article list.

Feel free to reach out if you have further inquiries. Have a nice day !

Badge

I’ll see with with our developpers what we can do to customize the theme. Thank you! Have a great day!