Question

Show/Hide fields on the portal depending on the Contact's Company

• 8 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor
  • 3 replies

For VIP/Premium customers, I’d like to show them a button (or checkbox) on the portal, but hide it for other customers. For example, if the logged on user is related to a Company which has a custom field of “Company Type” and the value is “Premium”, then show a button/checkbox which says “escalate this ticket”, and if that checkbox is ticked, then a mandatory “Please explain the reason why you want to escalate this ticket” text box.

Any chance this is possible - perhaps someone has done something like this before (although couldn't find on the Community)!? What if the contact is related to multiple companies!?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

Maybe not the most elegant approach, but this could be handled with 3-4 Dynamic Forms.

How can I create dynamic forms and have different fields based on the different values? : Freshdesk

Creating dynamic sections : Freshdesk

You could create one to hide fields, a second one to show the second, and a third one to check the value of the second one, and if ticked, show and mandate the Escalation Reason.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @rc3,

Greetings!

I understand that you have a concern regarding showing a custom field exclusively for your Premium customers while hiding it from other users. 

Although we do not have a native feature to cater to this requirement, it is possible to achieve this through portal customization. Through customization, you can write a script that checks the domain or any unique field of the logged-in user. If the user belongs to the Premium customer group, the custom ticket field will be displayed. On the other hand, for other users, the field will remain hidden. 

Please note that portal customization is a plan-based feature and is only available from the Pro plan onwards. Therefore, you may need to get in touch with your developers to customize this feature for your account.

If you need any additional details from us, please DM us or write an email to support@freshdesk.com I’d be happy to help.

Happy Freshdesking!

Badge +1

Hello @rc3,

Greetings!

I understand that you have a concern regarding showing a custom field exclusively for your Premium customers while hiding it from other users. 

Although we do not have a native feature to cater to this requirement, it is possible to achieve this through portal customization. Through customization, you can write a script that checks the domain or any unique field of the logged-in user. If the user belongs to the Premium customer group, the custom ticket field will be displayed. On the other hand, for other users, the field will remain hidden. 

Please note that portal customization is a plan-based feature and is only available from the Pro plan onwards. Therefore, you may need to get in touch with your developers to customize this feature for your account.

If you need any additional details from us, please DM us or write an email to support@freshdesk.com I’d be happy to help.

Happy Freshdesking!

Hi, we have some fields already hidden through portal customisation, but my question here is what is the code to check properties of a logged in user’s company. I’ve found an example in the forums for hard-coding a company name (portal.user.company_name), but how about checking the value of a custom company field ?

Badge +1

I found this Accessing company in Portal Layout customization | Freshworks Community which pointed me to Managing User Access : Freshdesk, but they are just properties of the portal user - I need to access properties of the company which the user is linked to (and what happens if they are linked to more than one, doe sit just use the primary linked company)?