Skip to main content

We are currently using the Employee Onboarding module and are testing adding the Employee Offboarding module. However, one roadblock we have hit is how to make a web request that lists the onboarding or offboarding request details so that we can trigger off the specific fields. An example use case is if the request is for an immediate offboarding, it would automate additional actions as opposed to standard offboarding. 

Reading the API documentation specific to this (here for onboarding, here for offboarding), I know it is possible to use: /api/v2/offboarding_requests/id and /api/v2/onboarding_requests/id

But my question is… how the heck do you get that ID in workflows?? That ID for onboarding and offboarding requests does not correspond to the ticket ID (so I can’t use {{ticket.id}}) and the ID doesn’t appear in a web request with /api/v2/tickets/{{ticket.id}} in the resulting JSON even if I try that route. The sections for Onboarding Request and Offboarding Request (example below) have no ID of any kind to use (I’ve only blurred the team name and company name)… 

I’m on a same boat as you, Let me know if you have found any work around.