Question

Location information

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In need of help.
Dear all, When creating a ticket an asset is related to this ticket. The asset has a location.
The location has an identifier. But the identifier is just a name. No address information is visible.
How can I make the address info visible in a ticket or … in any other way so an agent can see the address in one click?
Whatever I try the address is nowhere visible. This makes a location useless if an agent can not see the address immediately.
Any help is welcome!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi.

If I got it right, you need to read a value that is stored in an asset. And you need to show that value anywhere in the ticket.

I guess this could be accomplished by a few Web Requests to the API, as well as with JSON Parser, and maybe, either creating a custom field in the ticket to store that data, or add it as a Private Note maybe ?

Can a user add several assets at once ? That could be something else though.

Not sure if this can be of any help.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@eeha0120 : Sorry for not being clear enough.
We have an asset. This asset is located on an address (location).
When I open the asset record I see a lot of information.
But I only see the ‘identifier’ (Name) of the location. I see no attributes, no street, no postal code, no city of that location. I can not open the location from that record field.
I need to be an admin to go to settings and view all attributes of that location.
How should I know where that asset is located.

I need to see all attributes of this location!! 
How should I send a technician out to a location I only know the name off.