Question

Setting a Workspace on raise a ticket option

• 17 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi Everyone,

Do you know how I set the issue related to drop down so it always appears as finance and therefore, always the finance ticket configuration appears at first click.

Thanks

Dani

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Everyone,

Do you know how I set the issue related to drop down so it always appears as finance and therefore, always the finance ticket configuration appears at first click.

Thanks

Dani

Hello, 

Far as I know there are no way to set a default value in any good way. Except using URL path. 

Like /support/tickets/new?subject=TEST but I can’t get it to work with the workspace field. 

You can ask Freshworks to change the primary Workspace to Finance. 
Then The ticket will be routed to the Finance as default. 

Or you can create automation in Global settings that assign all tickets to Finance. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Dani  If you want to hide “My Team” compleatly, this can be done with a business rule. 

I made an example. In my envireonment my “My Team” workspace is called IT. In the example below I am hiding IT along with two other workspaces from all requestors so they will only see the HR workspace (I don’t ahve a finance workspace). I chose to do this for all users in Portland, but you can have no condition at all if you want to do this for all requestors. 

Good luck with your task. 

-Tony

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This can be done, but you will need to ask fresh to set it up, we contacted them also to do this for us

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

For our customers we often created specific cards on the portal home page. Each card will hyperlink to a specific workspace id, which reflects the value from the mentioned dropdown menu.

The ids can be found when you open a specific workspace from Admin and copy the ID from the address bar==> “https://domain.freshservice.com/ws/2/admin/home” ==> workspace id value is 2 in this example.

The hyperlink of the custom card could then be something like "https://domain.freshservice.com/support/tickets/new?workspace_id=2

In the end we can hide the “issue related to” field on the incident form.

@Dani 

On the other side, we can use a Javascript to preselect a workspace on page load (topic starter question)

The script below is made for v2 of the portal, which included the new user interface (no code version).

Add the script to the “New ticket” section in the portal, below the existing code. In this example workspace id = 7 is used, including single codes:

<script>
    setTimeout(function() {
        jQuery("[name='helpdesk_ticket[workspace_id]']").val('7')[0].dispatchEvent(new Event('change'));
    }, 500)
</script>

Let me know if that's working for you.

Kind regards,

Rutger Bockholts

Freshworks