Question

Sorting display of 'values' by choice within Dropdown fields that pull up their information from a custom object table

• 9 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, 

I am looking for a way to ‘sort  the order of displayed content’ (e.g. alphabetically) within a dropdown field that gathers its information from a ‘custom object table’ 

It seems like it gets it’s order now from de table’s unique id, but of that I am not really sure, for I have seen sorders change as you add or remove (record-)lines to/ from the table. 

Dropdown field

Table Objectrecords:

Table Object fields configuration:

Current order of display: 

(Would prefer to display alphabetically, or in any order that I choose)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi.

Your findings/appreciations are correct: List gets sorted by the order the items were added to custom object in a Last-to-First entry manner.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, there’s no way to sort it in the Dropdowns.

This can be considered a missing feature (sorting) and a hard-coded design which definitely Freshworks needs to work on.

Being that said, I’d suggest to submit this as a Feature Request (Freshworks Ideas | Freshworks Community) and share it so others could vote on it (I’ll definitely vote on it, as I also need it).

Note: I guess there could already be an Idea created for this, but I didn’t look for it.

I'd also suggest to submit it to support with your detailed use case. They will answer that such is a Feature Request, but they will find better insights for it (hopefully)-

Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks, for now I raised a ticket with support. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

My support ticket has been set to: ‘awaiting future release’ 

And i have placed the Idea here for you to upvote :) 

Sorting display of results within Service Items' dropdown fields that obtain it's data from a custom object | Freshworks Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thank you @MireilleR for bringing light to another pain point that many of us are facing. I will be sure to upvote your idea!