Question

Workspaces and Service Requests

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Why even let us make service requests in business workspaces if the automation is not supported?

Please help me understand how a pre-packaged business workspace can be used to facilitate requests for routine services through cases?  What method can be used so that the requestor is informed with what services are available in a packaged way to select choices that are helpful to the agent to process them?  The HR workspace workflow automator does not allow service request events, nor are service items created in the workspace available to be discovered to automate at the primary/global level.  If this is not possible then the value of using workspaces for services is effectively just email correspondence with numbers.

I am building a secondary workspace as another IT workspace to see if the automation can apply in a separate fashion.  Is the only solution to craft a combination of service categories, groups, and business rules to articfically separate departments inside the primary workspace as part of one massive service catalogue?

3 replies

Badge

After investigating custom objects to assign approvers as a method to reference request items, there is a fundamental problem with WorkFlow Automator not having the Service request is raised event in the HR workspace.  Both the configuration of the service items and the custom objects must be done in the HR workspace, but there is no action to reference a starting point to add automation to these items, and the primary workspace that has the needed event cannot reference conditions for the custom objects or service items that exist in the HR workspace.

I have tried using the Request Item added is event in the HR workspace, but that appears buggy along with the Ticket Fields.When a service category and only resolve a few of many created items/categories, and didnt trigger anyways upon submitting a new service request for an item it can reference… so useless.

How do I automate adding approvers to service items that exist in the HR workspace?  I am trying to use agent approvals as a condition to lock forms for liable posterity (I know theres a timestamped log).  Am I  working with a broken version of this platform with how impossible it is to automate anything worthwhile on a business workspace?  I consider this a bug in the design that needs addressing otherwise there us no point having service items in workspaces other than the primary.

Badge

Discovered that though service requests belong to a primary workspace for the catalogue, they are raised as the ticket type for the business workspace. Case is Raised is the intial trigger for workflow automations and then the service items can be referenced. However, I had to make custom objects for approvers others than the department head or manager. The ticket fields conditions are also directly tied to resolving only if the service item is published status and a category contains at least one published item.

Classic case of going too far down a design rabbit hole with incorrect assumptions, in this case some connected parts only revealed by making the workspace live to allow adequate testing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In Non IT workspaces all tickets is seen as service requests. 

I used blank template when I setup workspaces for a customer and I have this event options. 

Request Item added only triggers if an agent add a item. 

The way I go by is having a the second node to be condition node with service item  include xxxx yyyy zzzz