Question

Ability to @ mention coworkers?

• 5 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We have been using FreshService for about a year.  One of our outside vendors that works on our security system uses Jira Service Management, so we’ve had some exposure to that system recently. One of the really handy features of Jira has been the ability to “@mention” our coworkers (other agents). This is helpful in that I can say someone’s name in an internal reply and it calls their attention to the ticket via an email.

It appears that FreshService does not have this ability. I know I can create a “private” note, but even this doesn’t let me clearly and easily “tag” someone in the ticket…  I have to put them in the “to” line.

I searched the community, and I saw an old feature request for this, but I can’t even upvote it, as it says voting is closed.  It gives no indication of why it’s closed (that I can tell?)  Maybe this means the feature has been implemented and I just need to know how to turn it on?

Anyway, I’m hopeful this is just something I’m missing in our settings.  Thanks for your assistance.

1 reply

If you're looking for a way to mention or tag coworkers within FreshService tickets similar to how it's done in Jira Service Management, unfortunately, as of my last update, FreshService doesn't have a native "@mention" feature like Jira.

However, here are workarounds or alternative methods you can use to achieve similar functionality:

1. Private Notes: As you mentioned, you can use private notes to communicate with specific team members. Although it doesn't notify them via email, they can still see the note when they access the ticket.

2. Email Notifications: You can add the team members' email addresses in the "To" line of the ticket, which will notify them via email about the update. This might not be as streamlined as the "@mention" feature, but it serves the purpose of getting their attention.

3. Internal Comments: FreshService allows you to leave internal comments visible only to agents. While this doesn't directly notify the agent, they will see the comment when they access the ticket.

4. Check for Updates: It's also worth periodically checking FreshService's updates or feature releases to see if they've introduced an "@mention" feature or similar functionality.

5. Contact Support: If the feature is critical for your workflow, you might consider reaching out to FreshService's support team to inquire about the status of the feature request or if there are any plans to implement it in the future.

6. Explore Integrations: FreshService might have integrations with other tools or platforms that offer the mentioned functionality. You could explore if there are any integrations available that meet your requirements.