Question

Webhook fails during workflow automation

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello!

I created the following workflow:

Based on the workspace, different webhooks will be executed, but everytime it fails during the automatic workflow when a ticket was created.

When I enter the ID and Subject manually and click on “Test Webhook” it works and the subject of the ticket will be changed as wished, but not during the automatic workflow.

It only fails with the following message and no other informations will be written into the history:

This is all information I get but not why it fails. Does anyone have an idea?
Thank you very much!

Best Regards,
Dominik

4 replies

Badge

I forgot to say that it fails when I use BaseAuthentication with the API token as key and X as value, but also with the method API-Key.
When I test it with “Test Webhook”, both variants work.

Badge

It seems like your workflow automation might be encountering an issue when triggering the webhooks automatically. Since the webhook works when you test it manually, there could be something specific to the workflow process causing the failure.

Double-check the conditions and triggers set in your workflow. Make sure that all necessary fields are being populated correctly when the workflow is triggered automatically. Also, ensure that the authentication or permissions for the automatic webhook execution are in place.

If you've reviewed these aspects and the issue persists, you might want to reach out to the platform's support or community forums for more in-depth assistance.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I’m having this exact same issue right now. I have a ticket in with support so I’ll post an update here if I can get it figured out.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

The code i.cameron posted here fixed this for me!