Question

How to view execution logs?

• 25 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi

This is probably a really silly question, but I’m an admin in our FreshService instance, and I can create and update any workflow automations, however I can’t see any Execution logs.

When I click the option, I get a message saying ‘no transactions found’ when there clearly HAVE been some workflows working as my tickets are updating as expected.

Is there a role or some permissions that I need to be able to see this please? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi

This is probably a really silly question, but I’m an admin in our FreshService instance, and I can create and update any workflow automations, however I can’t see any Execution logs.

When I click the option, I get a message saying ‘no transactions found’ when there clearly HAVE been some workflows working as my tickets are updating as expected.

Is there a role or some permissions that I need to be able to see this please? 

It’s only web requests,  expression and app node that shows up in the log. 

Badge

Thanks @Daniel Söderlund 

That’s very useful to know….how, though, do I know if an automation has gone wrong, or failed (other than looking to see if a ticket has been updated, for instance)? 

Are there logs that I can look at to see the steps taken and, if something HAS failed, where it failed and what error was encountered?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @Daniel Söderlund 

That’s very useful to know….how, though, do I know if an automation has gone wrong, or failed (other than looking to see if a ticket has been updated, for instance)? 

Are there logs that I can look at to see the steps taken and, if something HAS failed, where it failed and what error was encountered?

thanks

Only way I found is to check the activities in the ticket and create notes or tags. We have seen something we call orphan tickets, it’s when the automation do not show end tag in the ticket activities and you can’t run any more automations on the ticket. It happens in the most cases when we used web requests but I think it got fixed by now.  If you add some crazy stuff in the action node you can get similar issue. Like a tag with characters that aren’t supported but not blocked when you add the tag. 

//Daniel