Solved

Date format in onboarding ticket titles

• 11 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi everyone. 

My IT Department used to use custom Service Catalog items for Onboarding. I recently switched to the Onboarding module and have noticed an incongruence. 

My company is international, so we use the world DD-MM-YYYY date format on our service desk. Each office creates it’s own service requests. I create them for one of our USA office. In the past, the DATE object, when inserted as a Placeholder into a ticket title would insert it in MM-DD-YY format. 

My Onboarding tickets do not do this, they are formatting DD-MM-YYYY (the person below starts tomorrow, I watched the HR person pick the date and know it was done correctly).

Does anyone know a way to chage this on a per-form basis? I woudl like the dates to format correctly for my USA users without forcing all my international users to use our dumb USA date format*.

Thank you

*the international dd-mm-yyyy format is superior, for the record. But I can’t change the whole country, so I ahve to live with it. 

icon

Best answer by Daniel Söderlund 11 October 2023, 11:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi everyone. 

My IT Department used to use custom Service Catalog items for Onboarding. I recently switched to the Onboarding module and have noticed an incongruence. 

My company is international, so we use the world DD-MM-YYYY date format on our service desk. Each office creates it’s own service requests. I create them for one of our USA office. In the past, the DATE object, when inserted as a Placeholder into a ticket title would insert it in MM-DD-YY format. 

My Onboarding tickets do not do this, they are formatting DD-MM-YYYY (the person below starts tomorrow, I watched the HR person pick the date and know it was done correctly).

Does anyone know a way to chage this on a per-form basis? I woudl like the dates to format correctly for my USA users without forcing all my international users to use our dumb USA date format*.

Thank you

*the international dd-mm-yyyy format is superior, for the record. But I can’t change the whole country, so I ahve to live with it. 

Hi, 

You can change the way the date is presented using Liquid filters 

Powerful Placeholders with Liquid Filters : Freshservice

{{change.planned_start_date | date: '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S'}}

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

That worked perfectly. Thank you so much.